View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 20, 2017, 11:23 PM
somewhere in-between

There's quite a few cranes in GR these days. I don't get a chance to go there as much as I would like, but I had some time after a meeting yesterday to walk around and photograph some recently completed and under-construction projects. I'm not sure if there are any GR-residents left that still frequent this forum, or if they all went over to urbanplanet. It would be great to get more frequent photo updates, and I will continue to try to keep updating here from time to time.

New apartment complex near Knapp St NE and E Beltline Ave NE (behind Meijer):

The Warner Building / Hyatt Place:

Future home of the AC Hotel:

20 Monroe Live (complete):

Arena Place (complete). There's a similar aesthetic among a lot of these apartment projects, with the metal paneling and such:

Rooftop unit, being installed at / near Hopcat, on Ionia:

The lift operator was catching some ZZZ's:

Kendall College / Ferris State Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts Building (complete):

20 Fulton East Apartments (complete):

MSU Research Center (complete):

601 Bond Ave NW:

Embassy Suites Hotel:

Icon on Bond (complete):

The Rowe (complete):

Meanwhile, down the road in Grandville, The Grand Castle project somehow persists. There are a lot of crews on site and a flourish of activities. I am still flummoxed that this is happening - everything about it seems off. The opening date has been delayed numerous times. Most recently, December 15, 2017 was to be the move-in date. They don't look anywhere close to complete yet:

And so the sun sets for now upon this construction update, and this oddity:

Last edited by deja vu; Dec 20, 2017 at 11:42 PM.