View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 27, 2009, 1:44 AM
Charismatic Stallion

My take on this concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M II A II R II K View Post
It had such a kick ass design. Can't believe that not enough people were interested in buying into that.
I don't think it was that people weren't interested, but that they only offered full "cubes", which meant that each one cost around $30 million. Even in the biggest boom times, it's hard to find 12 people who are willing to drop that kind of money.

Also, I'll bet that many people, even those who had the money, wouldn't want an entire cube. Each one must be at least 15,000 sq. feet, right? And if you're that successful, chances are you don't have enough time to relax in all that space.

And further, what can you do with 4 floors?

Really, how many TV's can a man watch? How many very similar views can a man appreciate? The answer in both cases in (probably) one.

So once you couple huge prices with an amount of space that people aren't necessarily interested in buying, you have a recipe for cancellation.

If this does ever get resurrected, let's hope that they offer single floors units. I'm sure that people will be fighting over them then.

Regardless, it's a true shame that this didn't get built. Oh well.