View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 28, 2007, 1:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon12 View Post
^I love cars. but only the ones that run on good ol' gasoline. None of these battery-operated pieces of crap.
Ozone's story sounds horrible, and if true, is a brutal crime. But I think hit and runs are far less common than he would like us to believe.

One thing I do see A LOT of is cyclists running stop signs through midtown.
I hope you are joking about the gas only thing because personally think is immoral to send people off to the killing fields and deplete our national funds so I can get cheap gas when there are better ways to do things.

And I never said that hit-and-runs were that common. But I will say that there are tons of near misses. Yes cyclists do run stop signs and that's a problem and they should be ticketed. Humm.. what would hurt more if it hit you..a bike or a SUV. Give me a break about the woes of drivers. If you think it's not so bad then I think you must not walk or ride a bike as much I do. Just other day a guy stoped his car and yelled obscenities at me for daring to cross at a crosswalk and god forbid slow him down.

I don't hate cars and I like to drive but I realize that the roads are legally and historically not just for cars but I bet most people don't understand that. OK so I'm worked up over this..but damnit so many Americans are too complacent about everything unless it personally involves them. I don't know how it went down so I don't if she was crossing the street or on the side and was thrown into the crosswalk. And just for anyone's information bikes can ride on some of the sidewalks around town and there are usually signs that indicate that. For the most part cyclist use sidewalks because drivers are as'holes and don't see them and they don't want to get hit. Do you blame them? End of Rant.

BTW the cops arrested the as'hole who came back to the crime scene a couple of hours later to retrieve his stupid SUV thinking that everyone would be gone and the guy in an upstairs office called 911. I was talking to the cops just now and they said the victim is going to be OK. Everyone I've talked to tonight on my block about this incident said that the one-ways just encourage too high of speeds.

Sorry guys I do get emotional at times and I don't mean to make it personal..it's just my nature.

Last edited by ozone; Apr 28, 2007 at 1:59 AM.