View Single Post
Old Posted May 3, 2012, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
I had never heard of that site until you mentioned them. But I won't repeat my arguments, which I think are clear enough and in any event are coming into reality, which takes them out of the realm or arguments. Hopefully Purple gets approved and built as soon as possible.

Btw, have you noticed the press that MTA's latest opening is getting from pretty much everywhere: delays at stations, delays between stations, poor design, two stations not yet open, bad architecture, etc. Rather than worshipping the brilliance of these people you might want to ask some questions about their competence. I'm afraid we are going to be hearing a lot about it for the next few years.
Yes, but do you know the real reasons behind those delays? Farmdale (thanks to FixExpo and their misguided grade crossing fiasco). Flower street needs signal synchronization but LADOT wants to maintain a "Level of Service". The Regional Connector is needed to move trains faster through downtown (stopped by voters in 1998 after Prop A).

All these problems boil down to scared minority groups. I know you are not a fan of government; but there are good parts and bad parts. Not all government is bad. When you look at the real issue of "why" something is wrong, then it stems from a misunderstood minority group and not Metro or a government organization. It's easy to blindly blame government for everything (though some stuff is bad, but don't everybody be doing something bad at some point - corporations or people?); but there are good elements too.