View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 10:28 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waye Mason View Post
Saying we can build a CFL stadium for 50-60% of what everyone else is building one for is simply farfetched. Hamilton and Winnipeg are not looking at $200 million give or take $10 million because they are stupid, they are talking about that because that is what it costs.

Fenwick, with respect I think in the past that you have taken a straight currency conversion of building a stadium in a foreign country and assumed we "should" be able to build one here for the same price. Currency is just a piece of it, there is the whole relative purchasing power per dollar issue. I don't think it is appropriate to look outside of North America for cost to build information.
Are you getting my posts mixed up with someone else?

I previously stated that Calgary built McMahon Stadium in 1960 for $1 million dollars with initially 22,000 seats. Why do you keep ignored that fact? Why do you ignore that a stadium such as Montreal's Molson Stadium has been a successful stadium?

Once again you have shown that you are going to completely ignore the facts and just post whatever pops into your head. You were given the facts as to why the Winnipeg stadium is costing $200 million dollars but you simply choose to ignore the facts. Your exaggerated cost for Hamilton is just that - an exaggeration.

Please do some real research instead of pretending that you are some sort of an expert. I will no longer waste my time responding to your nonsense. Luckily there is an ignore function on skyscraperpage.