View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
The "Final 15" has been on their website since September and its never really been a solid 15. Its currently listing 13 and out of that 13, 4 are listed as sold which means 9 are left and when you call the number to enquire, they list you 6 left in the building.

So 6-9 out of 151 units is in fact "sold out or close to it".

A friend of mine who works at a 400+ unit apartment community in Long Beach told me that management companies always want a percentage of units avalible to be able to move people around if needed for accomodation purposes, to always have a unit to show to potential future buyers and also to be able to flex pricing around. I wouldnt expect much difference from Ten50 to have a few units available for the same. In his community of 400+ units, he said they alway make sure to have atleast 10-20 open. So if they are listing 9 and when you call, telling you 6, i would assume 3 are those "open" units for ten50.
Incorrect. Condos are very different from apartments. With apartment buildings, having a handful of units available for showings (model units) allow you to keep the rest of the units better occupied . With condos, once you sell a unit that's it, you don't own it anymore. Condo developers absolutely try to sell all of their units as quickly as possible. Ten50 is not keeping any units "open".