View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 15, 2008, 10:05 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port_of_Bama View Post
Ohh yeah I know what are talking about i`m from the bottom area to (Hercules street). before I moved to Huntsville for school I was hearing AKAs going off almost every night. Hunstville has gone a little down hill but not what I have experienced as well. Huntsville was ranked higher than Mobile becasue the population that was included in the crime statistic jurisdiction far exceeds Huntsville and Montgomery.

The most dangerous city in Alabama isn`t B-ham it`s realy prichard like I posted in an earlier post. Prichard,AL(Mobile County) had 18 homicides in 2007with a population of 30,000 while Huntsville was slightly above with 22 and a 2007 population of around 173,000.
But when you consider the percentage increase, Huntsville has them all beat. You also have to consider that the place has a lot of upper middle income to rich white collar neighborhoods, probably a lot more than the other 3 cities for its size, and is supposed to be an ideal place to raise a family. So there is something desperately going wrong with the city, and a lot of it has been swept under the rug for years to protect its clean image, but is starting to overflow and get exposed. I've been saying for years how the town has a phoney image.