View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 5:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoe View Post
Sorry to stray from topic, but I just wanted to share that I'm in Denver this weekend, and this city kicks ass. Very walkable. Cool outdoor mall (16th Street), awesome urban neighborhoods (e.g., LoDo), and great night life! In fact, I'm heading out again in a minute. Later!

I agree, Denver is an awesome city (people often describe it as a city that "should" be on the west coast in terms of attitude, politics, and development styles). After living here now for almost 2 years, I've been able to experience it first hand. One of the most dense, vibrant, "ahead of its time" cities I've been to. That being said, one thing that gets me excited is that I see what Sacramento is attempting to do now and it is taking the same steps that cities like Denver and San Diego did 10-15 years ago. If this momentum continues, it's not long before Sac is up in those ranks also. In fact, being here in a city that gets things done (Denver) makes me love Sacramento even more because I can visualize the potential of what it can and will become.