View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 7, 2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixboi08 View Post
Jeeze, excuse me....
I don't have to read the entire document in order to form a basic opinion about this...I read what Brewer wrote, what everyone else has said, and several other news reports. I never claimed to be right. I'm basing my judgment on previous court cases involving statutes and laws similar in their application.
Furthermore, my opinion was concerning the application of the law, not the document (law itself)...
Besides, based upon that logic, VERY few people should have an opinion about the health care legislation...
OK...you're basing your judgment on previous court cases, yet you don't know what you are comparing those to simply because you haven't bothered to read SB1070. At the same time, you are being critical about the application of the law that you, again, are not completely familiar with. In addition, I'm not sure what you mean by "what Brewer wrote", but if you're basing your opinion on what others have said, are you sure they too have read the bill? Janet Napolitano had an opinion also, yet even she hadn't read the bill. I won't bother arguing with you about the slanted media coverage as it has mostly been limited to which next city has decided to boycott AZ because many of them, too, are unfamiliar with the law. IF you decide to read it and come up with a good argument, then I'd love to hear it.