View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 25, 2008, 6:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
I have to remind myself to check these city photo threads now that they're broken up into A-M & N-Z. For some reason I usually only go to N-Z. Could be because of where you live? Anyway, great thread as always. There are so many great churches you captured. I know Denver was pretty wealthy and a pretty large city back in the day, but never imagined there would be so many to photograph. No historic Denver thread would be complete without a few grand block/stone structures. That one with the really tall skinny turret was unique.
Great job, DA... now bring on the Denver Art Deco thread ()
Thank for all your comments, we are fortunate to have all of these here. There are many more that I just didn't have time to get to, but there is always next year and I will try to get inside more of them. All very different inside and not what one would expect typically.

The Denver Deco thread is taking forever as well because it is also so spread out amongst the neighborhoods and only a few have decent clusters of deco homes. Deco was considered ugly by so many during it's hay day that it took on elements of other styles just to fit in. It will be posted eventually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dktshb View Post
What a wonderful iand informative thread. Thanks!
I photographed this Church a few years ago and was immediately taken by it:
Yes, I love this place and need to find out when I can get inside to get some shots. It is a fine line to try to respect the folks inside while still trying to shoot the architecture. I was in one church tonight wishing I had my camera. The rising incense that the priest was using was catching and filtering light in an incredible way.

Thanks again for the comments!