View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 26, 2010, 5:08 PM
Promoting Nova Scotia

I agree but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwick16 View Post
Welcome ATL Stadium. We needs lots of active supporters (let city officials know that this is a priority for the HRM).

Regarding a location, a committee should be set up by the city to select a site. All possibilities should be considered and then work out a system of pluses and minuses to select the best site. Technical considerations, transit, cost, etc. all have to be considered.
Fenwick
The HRM will never go this alone....and that lends strength to what is needed. Nobody goes it alone...we need Feds, Prov and HRM to back this. I dont view this issue as a HRM issue at all.....
A committee of the municipality is what has Hamilton in knotts right now....a stadium will need a lot of stake holders at the table......Universities, Govt, Corp Sponsors, CFL or an owner viewpoint even if its apotential owner, a guy like Harold MacKay for concert promo etc etc.... It would not likely ever be the "best" site....there would never the perfect site...only one that would be a Go! (with all its pluses and minuses)
I just cant see HRM council or city planners even being the major force in picking a site.