View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post

OK, I just spotted the Union 76 station.

flickr
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighen View Post

]If I remember, there were two Union 76 stations in that area. There was one on the SE corner of La Brea and Rodeo Road in the shopping center with Newberry's, etc. Thrifty drugs and corporate offices were on the NE corner. I think we may have written about the two Hody's restaurants (drive in and sit down restaurants) on the NW and SW corners in the past. The other Union 76 station was on the SW corner of La Brea and Jefferson. In the background was the old Thrifty warehouse.
From January 2015:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossC View Post

We've seen the Hody's at Hollywood and Vine many times on NLA, but I can't find any previous mentions of the one on the corner of S La Brea Avenue and Rodeo Road. The card gives the address as 3553 S La Brea, and is postmarked 1952.

eBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaudry View Post

Hody's!

In response to a question about why there were two restaurants opposite each other:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighen View Post

Albany NY: If I remember correctly, there was a sit down Hody's (at the SW corner of Rodeo and La Brea) and a drive through (at the NW corner). I think both of them went out of business in the early 70's.