View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 3:56 AM

I think is great they are doing the larger, single building. It would be much easier to incorporate more larger lecture halls and laboratories in a larger building than if they went with the two smaller option. I just completed the Engineering program at MUN, and being the first class in their new expansion program, I can tell you that classrooms are getting pretty scarce in the Eng. building, especially with the much larger class sizes. And I'm sure some of the other faculties and buildings are feeling the same crunch with larger classes.

However, the only caveat I can see with this option is parking, at least short term. This building will cover all of lots 16 and 16A, the largest pieces of pavement at MUN. While there will be underground parking incorporated into the building, at least from what I recall, for the 3-6 years the new building is under construction, the university will be losing out on hundreds of these spaces.

Hopefully the university can try and resolve some of their parking issues before construction of this building starts. If not I can foresee a parking situation even worse than has been there before, at least for the interim.