View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 29, 2010, 10:23 PM
Robotic Construction

I'm really loving it. To me, the hotel towers look like table top mesa's which are common along the foothills of the Rocky Mountains such as the ones in Golden, Colorado. I like how the curvature of the canopy structures over the train platforms and plaza matches exactly the curvature of the end of the existing "tent" Jeppessen terminal roof. This allows this expansion to slide right in under the existing tent roof with perfection!

What's not seen, is the fact officials said the existing underground airport tram would be extended to the new train platforms. This feature would be completely inside the terminal extension and can not be seen from any of the current renderings available. I will assume this is still the case until I read something which states otherwise. I was expecting there to be 6 platforms instead of 4. This is because the airport had wanted the design to incorporate the ability to extend the airport underground tram south of the terminal, to a rental car facility. However, this was all preliminary so as more details to the inside of this plan are released, it should all become more clear.

^^ah yeah, and the all white... I am surprisingly enjoying it. The all white design looks better than I would have imagined it looking and it matches the existing airport perfectly--which will really help it look like part of the airport, instead of an add-on.