View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 13, 2008, 9:43 PM
Honored Member

The Winnipeg Free Press misqouted me. What should I do??

The post they're refering to is the following:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...2&postcount=15

Quote:
New Monopoly might send you directly to Winnipeg
Mon Feb 11 2008

By Alexandra Paul | Winnipeg Free Press

CHAT on the Internet currently ranks Winnipeg's chances of landing a square on the first-ever international edition of Monopoly in third place.

That leaves fans with just under three weeks to go to boost the city up another rung to land a square on the famous board game due out in August.

Parker Brothers chose 68 cities around the world, based on cultural or historical significance and other traits for its international edition.

They will each compete for the 20 spots that are up for grabs.

In the wild card contest, voters can chose 10 cities online each day during the competition which will be open until Feb. 28.

The city with the most votes will land a spot on the Boardwalk property, located right before GO. In the most recent Canadian edition of Monopoly, the Boardwalk property sold for $4 million.

For those cities that don't make it on to Parker Brothers' top 68 list, there's still hope.

Two spots on the board, low-rent properties traditionally known as Baltic and Mediterranean avenues, are reserved for the wild card vote.

Cities can be nominated for the wild card and the two that get the most number votes win a spot on the board.

"Winnipeg seems to be in third spot now in the wildcard," the latest message on Skyscraper.com says.

Voting is on the monopoly site run by Parker Brothers.

To vote, log onto www.monopolyworldvote.com/en_CA. Winners will be announced in August and the new Monopoly Here & Now:World Edition will be on sale in the fall.

The Skyscraper site is independent of the game and it offers a forum for its members to discuss real estate deals, skyscrapers and construction developments around the world.

With the monopoly buzz, Skyscraper has taken on the virtual world of the real estate board game, too, with one chat line devoted to Winnipeg's chances of getting a square on the game.

For a sampling of what to expect on the forum, there's frequent correspondent SmileyBoy, who appears to be the city's cheerleader on the forum and he's also got sass:

"Please... I love Winnipeg and I am very willing to let my bias show through. It deserves to have a much better spot on the board than Baltic Ave... a.k.a. the ghetto square. Not all Peggers are poor cheap bastards. There is plenty of money in the city... lots of old money and some new money as well."

To log on as a guest, click on skyscraperPage.com for a free browse.

To log on the forum, you have to join the site as a member.

Remember, if you want Winnipeg on the Monopoly board, then generating buzz seems to be the best way to churn up those crucial votes.

alexandra.paul@freepress.mb.ca
The woman wrote that said was me who said it. It was newflyer.

I sent off an email to Ms. Paul, hopefully that straightened it out.