View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 12, 2010, 5:01 AM

Getting a Real Estate Broker License doesn't require a degree just being 21 years old and the 75 hours pre-license courses. A real estate broker basically sells real estate that's owned by other people correct? This is a job that doesn't need any prior experience that I can do temporarily while in school? This is similar or different to a Leasing Consultant?

I really don't want to get side-tracked.

Would: getting an Associates Degree in Business Administration 1st

Then, a Bachelors of Science degree in business financing and/or management or something secondary

And after that, Just take a few courses in Urban Design as a Minor (or would that be a whole other degree in its self?)...

Be a good route?

Since I have multiple places to live I was planning on using as much of my income as possible for the 1st 2-3 years after I graduate to get rid of my student loans. I'm estimating I would need to make atleast somewhere in the ball park of $40k a year to knock out the vast majority pending on where I decide to attend (hopefully I would be able to get a scholarship). I was thinking after I graduate I can by 1-2 lots and/or get one property to rent out to start.