View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 5:38 PM
She needs her space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhereman1280 View Post
I understand what you are getting at, but Milwaukee is on a whole different plain than Jacksonville. As you mentioned Milwaukee's core is still largely intact due to a major revolt against the freeways which resulted in several failed freeway spurs (Park East, US 41, I-794, 145/Fond du Lac Ave) where the master plan was foiled. Since the 1990's the central core of the city has been on a massive upswing that has included the destruction of the most offensive of those spurs, the Park East and now the potential reconfiguration of the lakefront interchange on 794.
I know about Milwaukee, having been there (you can practically see my friend's house in that aerial, LoL). I love that city, but my point was more about vibe than anything else. Also, in both cities everyone knows everyone. Milwaukee is quite a bit friendlier, though. Love the 3rd Ward, btw, very impressive what the city has done there. It's a shame that Milwaukee is tucked up in a corner and kind of gets forgotten (similarly to how Jacksonville is completely neglected and forgotten in the state of Florida).