View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 18, 2013, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctochico View Post
so does this apply to people (like me) who just purchased a condo (sky 2) but havne't taken possession becuase its still in construction, and technically i haven't put down a full downpayment yet? :shrug:

Buy new condo, pick up $10K
Part of city plan for Waterfront, Exchange area
By: Bartley Kives

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...215785151.html

The City of Winnipeg plans to hand $10,000 cheques to anyone who buys a new condo in the Exchange District or along Waterfront Drive as part of a $7.8-million plan to revitalize the northeastern third of downtown........

Quote:
On Wednesday, Winnipeg consumers who've recently purchased Exchange District and Waterfront Drive condos were left wondering whether they would qualify for the new incentive -- and if not, whether they should purchase later in order to receive the $10,000 cheque.

"People will ask that question: 'Why buy a condo until this is in place?' " said Ryan Loiselle, who has placed a deposit on a Waterfront Drive condominium. "I should be eligible for that and so should the other families moving in to the other units."

The mayor did not see it that way. "As a consumer, you purchase something -- and a week, a day or a month (later) it's on sale," Katz said. "That happens every day of our lives."
I guess this is the answer they're giving??