View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
Starting grow tired of this "Boulder-esque" attitude seeping through the remainder of the metro area.....

Perhaps this deserves to be in the front range dev thread, but it also applies to Denver development.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/lif...orado-counties

If something like this passed, in conjunction with the green roof initiative, and a ban on slot homes the city is considering taking up, it will only add to the housing woes many are experiencing.... I really wish some of the backers of these initiatives understood that.
This goes back to a factor that's been noted on here a few times - the diverging interests between long-time Denver residents who own homes, and bought when prices were low, and younger or newer residents who don't own and have been impacted by high housing costs.

You are right, 1 percent growth limits would likely lead to soaring housing costs for those who don't already own. I think home owners are more likely voters though. If it makes it to the ballot, this may take a huge effort to defeat. I hear people complain about the growth and the traffic all the time and it may be tempting for people to think they can simply vote away the problems, without really considering consequences.

Interesting to think about what the impact would have been had this been in place since 2010.