View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
You sir are surely aware of our Euro history... Ever heard of what happened prior to WWII? I'll be cruel enough to remind them all, trust me on that one.
Besides, sometimes, even mighty France (Frankreich, the one great nation!) needs a bit of rest. We're only humans like yourself, huh.

Anyway, those are the current figures.

Far-right representatives at the Bundestag: ~100! Creepy as hell, pissing off prez Macron for spoiling his plans for Mrs Merkel.

Far-right representatives at the Assemblée Nationale: not even 10 mediocre jerks lost in the middle of bigger brains than theirs.

Oh, but it's always so comfortable and comforting to describe the French as weak losers...
Huh? Not quite sure where your rant came from, but anyone with a modest understanding of German politics knows that Germany's current problems are of a completely different nature than those experienced by most other Western countries - there was never any danger of AfD getting anywhere close to government.

Besides, I was talking more about the economic side of things. Germany has been the backbone of Europe's currency system since before the Euro and that simply makes it the safest bet.

France is clearly making a comeback right now and I expect it to take on a larger leadership role alongside Germany in the years to come as the US turns its back on the world and the UK withers into political irrelevance. Also France will probably surpass Germany population-wise in the not too distant future and will probably become the leading European power, so you can relax.

Last edited by Miu; Nov 29, 2017 at 10:50 AM.