View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 29, 2006, 10:57 PM
BANNED

Incredible speed

Born and raised in Panama City, but now living in San Francisco, CA. I remember growing up the city was already full of skyscrapers, but now everytime I go to visit my faimily I am SO amazed at the quantity of new ones. I do wish some of the designs would be a little better, some of those buildings are hideously haneous, like the "Palacio de la Bahia". Why can't ehy build buildings with classic lines that blend with the environment that surrounds them. Panama City is a very modern city, but still some of these buildings look like they belong in a different planet (ugly). Thing is, all these wonderful buildings and construction serve as a masquerade for the rest of the country which is poor and has a high level of unemployment. Going to Panama City is great, I do miss it at times, but I could never live there again. There is fantastic night life, stunning virgin beaches, eco-tourism, amazing diversity and great restaurants, warm and VERY humid weather all year round, and all the comforts of living in the US, good hospitals, schools, and the US dollar...still....I could not go back...