View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borkborkbork View Post
no kidding. what a waste. especially when there is lots of office space available downtown (and more and more coming online every day).

who is acklands construction though? maybe it's akman construction?
Don't know why I said construction...

https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/en

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
I have no issues with that. mixed use, more bodies to eat and shop during day. except for holidays, daytime Forks is very quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ What else could you really do with the Johnston Terminal, though? It's not like Tokyo where you can easily lease out upper floor space as shops and restaurants. Offices pay the bills.
Apparently Immigration is giving up some space in the upper floors, would have been better there. Considering the basement, first, and rest of second floors are otherwise all retail, kinda sucks to make the other half of the second just an office. But better for them to have it leased than nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexrae View Post
I haven't been there to see it yet, but isn't the Sydney's location now McNally Robinson?
McNally just took over an already empty storefront. Sydney's hasn't been touched – but they're looking at ripping it out completely and subdividing as probably the best option. Focus right now is on finishing off main floor renos first. The south hall (where Generation Green was) once complete will be able to be booked for (semi-)private events, as now they no longer book the Food Hall/Common as it's too busy to alienate people anymore (read: good problems). This strategy of redoing one piece at a time is working well, as they've said everything is constantly changing so much right now, they don't want to go all-in and have some pieces maybe not work. Assess things as you go. For example they were planning on re-leasing the Generation Green area, but now that the market is always so busy, they realized they needed some more event space and extra seating.

As an FYI, the Market's plan is to focus on unique local retail and F&B from here on out. They want it to be the focal point (as it should) even once Railside starts getting built out. What I mean by this is they purposely don't want it to have some of the more grocery-oriented stuff as in the past, as it makes more sense to have that closer to the residential parts in the future, and reserve the Market for the more prime destination retail.