View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 13, 2012, 3:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
I am not and have never been a fan of 2wtc design. It looks like someone took a giant saw and sheared off the top of the building. It just looks bland, like it could be any blah office tower in any generic American city. I personally think that 1wtc will show up much better if 2wtc is built much smaller than intended. Maybe it will be a good thing if 2wtc is built shorter than intended due to lack of tenants/money. Short of building two versions of 1wtc, I think aesthetically, letting 1wtc have the spotlight at the sight and not have two more tall buildings crowding it..Thats just my take..Instead of crowd 1wtc with two bland, generic-looking buildings, let it stand alone there.
I never thought i would hear that. IMO, 2wtc is the best of the wtc. It will have such a unique effect on the skyline that most buildings couldnt do. It is wide till the very top, but still thins out at the top. It also reminds me of a torch for some reason, which is a great symbol for NY(statue of liberty). I think 1wtc is sort of more generic than this, as it is sort of a strait shot to a spire, but thats not saying it isn't gorgeous.