View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 24, 2006, 4:49 PM

IFguy -
Quote:
I wish that they would finish off widening hitt rd. from Walmart to Lincoln rd. That is one of the most bottlenecked roads I have ever driven.
I agree with you, but this project will only be completed when Ammon and Idaho Falls agree who is responsible for the cost. This could go on for much longer.

Denver Bear -
Quote:
Why is it a mess?
17th street is a mess because they allowed curb cuts for every business and sometimes multiple curb cuts. No exaggeration, there must be 7-8 per city block, per side of the road. The on/off traffic is slow and congestive. Also at each major intersection there is not a seperate lane for right hand turns.

Sunnyside the next major east/west crossroad south did the exact opposite and closed many existing curb cuts and fought it out on a few that they lost to the business owner. Business are only accessible from north/south bound streets that intersect Sunnyside. So it has become an expressway type street with limited on/off traffic.

IFguy -
Quote:
I've heard there is going to be a Hilton Garden Inn, planned at four stories, although I've also heard 14 stories.
Recently I spoke with the lawyer of the development group building the Hilton Garden Inn. He stated they are using the exact plans, (same # of floors, same # of rooms) from the Hilton Garden that the same development group produced in St. George. He made it sound like they were cookie-cutting. You can google Hilton Garden St. George and it will show you a pic of their 5-story earth toned building.