View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 24, 2015, 5:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
Why is this so sad? Have you even been to the Marshall in say, the last 20 years? It's siting empty now but it took the owners years to get the residents out because they were required (why?) to find them need homes and nobody wanted to take the addicts, mentally ill and criminals that once populated the Marshall. The place was trashed years ago so buck up, dry your tears, and get over it.

I'm all for preservation but given the current condition of the building and the realistic adaptive use options I'm just happy the facade is being retained because it could just as easily be torn down. This sort of thing has happened many times in cities with much stronger histories of historic preservation than ours.

Unless you are going to raise the money to buy it and restore it to it's former "glory" ? I thought not.
Ozone you make valid points and I do not disagree with you on them

I guess I just have feelings of mellon collie at watching another historical old building being changed as we lose them to change

Back east they have so many historical buildings going back hundreds of years. We on the west coast seem to prefer demolishing them and putting up some new concrete building every 20-30 years

I do see your point, if I dont have millions to do something with the building then oh well

Progress moves on, I just like old things , thats just me