View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 22, 2007, 1:47 AM
FUS RO DAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseAirport View Post
I'm absolutely shocked and impressed!!!
thank you very much

Quote:
What amazes me even more is that this is your FIRST Sketchup model.
but lets be fair and define what I meant with first SU model. Its not as if I downloaded SU and immediately did this.

when I mean first sketchup model, its the first model I finished and prepared for render and such.

my FIRST sketchup model was a box with holes and such.

then I started doing a stadium. Unfortunatelly, a stadium is more complicated than a tower, and since I was LEARNING at the same time I was doing the stadium, I did LOTS of things very wrong.

then I decided to do this tower, which is based on a tower that I had already designed previously, so I could concentrate on learn Sketchup at the same time I did it instead of just design. Of course, it took me more time to do it than it would take me now, since I was still learning and had to redo some stuff which I had screwed up without noticing.

one of the things I plan to do now is to redo my stadium. Probably will have to start from scratch.

Quote:
Ya know, judging by these renderings, I don't think you're going to be a "wannabe" architect.
unless I start an architecture course and graduate, I will be

its easy to design a cool building. But how "correct" is it?? Quite probably it would fall to the ground

or cost 5 times more than it should.

Quote:
Please tell me you used Kerkythea to render those!
since you used the word please, than ok. I used Kerkythea to render those. Lol... but to tell the real truth, I used Artlantis Studio. It is not as real as Kerkythea, Maxwell, VRAY, etc. But its much faster (only 30 min max for each screen... most were as fast as 7-10 minutes). And easier to configure. But it doesnt have caustics, HDRI and some other advanced stuff.