View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 3:50 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

But in all seriousness, I think its appealing when it comes to prices. Yes some city centers and neighborhoods are expensive, but as a whole, the state is a relative bargain.

Compared to NJ for example, its a bargain. I bloody pay 12.5k in "property" taxes for a property of only 1.5 acres in somerset county.

The sales tax is better in TX. Something like 6.25% and I believe there is no state income tax if I'm thinking of the right state.

More house for the buck. AND more food for the buck. Something I quite like about the South (bar their fetish on guns) is the fact that food is cheap, and when you go out to restaurants, I've noticed you get a ton of it for dirt cheap.

One thing I do like about the state, since I'm a car guy, is there general lax nature on emissions. Its not like the draconian California that god forbit you modify a car, they are all against that. Also , better to buy a car from Texas (one that hasn't flooded) in general due to the lack of salt in the winter.

Job wise, a 100k job can take you way further than a $ 100k job in NJ or even NY.