View Single Post
Old Posted May 27, 2011, 2:52 PM
National Capital Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam-machiavelli View Post
Well isn't this a fascinating conversation? I did a bit of research and discovered that the MacDonald-Cartier Society is very closely aligned with the Conservative Party of Canada -a little too close in my opinion. Given my past comments about conservative ideology, you can assume that anything an M-C society member says should be taken with a grain of salt.
Good grief Adam. The guy who is proposing a change of the street from Wellington to something Macdonaldesque, Bob Plamondon, is himself associated with the CPC. So at "worst" you've got various CPC-sympathetic individuals arguing with each other, which is frankly something I could do with seeing more of. And here, we've got an organization with Macdonald in its own name arguing against renaming a street to something Macdonaldesque.

There's a point at which you've got to give up on looking for a partisan angle on things. This is one of them.

Anyway, as I have suggested elsewhere, we can rename the Ottawa River Parkway from the Wellington-Portage intersection at the Garden of the Provinces westwards to at least the aqueduct as Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard. The Airport Parkway could also be renamed, perhaps to the Macdonald-Cartier Parkway.