View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 4:52 PM

I just don't understand where people want to be anti-development... I love my city, therefore, I want to see it thrive and improve. i70 project is a huge improvement to where we are now, I want to show off our city! But at the freeways current state, I'm always a little embarrassed when friends or family who fly into town and they have to see that outdated freeway with nothing but industrialism all around just to get into town... I'm glad they are finally making improvements on it, we as a city desperately need it. Even if it doesn't personally serve us, its going to revitalize some of the closest land to downtown like Globeville, it will encourage more companies to move closer to the mouse trap area and start a chain reaction of positive effect. Of course its not always going to be fun and games for the neighborhoods the freeway cuts into, but its just like anything, no matter how you try to improve the freeway someones going to be upset. Instead of thinking on one or two individuals we need to focus on the benefit of the region as a whole. We are a major city, sometimes we have to make big city decisions. Don't like it, move to Colorado Springs.