View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 19, 2008, 11:08 PM

^ unfortunately never heard of it but sounds like it was a great place! Some friends of mine who lived in St-Eustache used to go to a big bavarian bar just like the one you described (but it was in St-Eustache rather than downtown MTL). Despite its far-off location it sounded like a was a pretty big place, and rather famous too (it had the bavarian band on a platform in the middle of the place, etc.). Though I don't remember the name, and the last time I hear of it we were still in CEGEP (10 years ago!). maybe it's still around?

Thinking about that, I gotta say I'm so impressed when I think of bars and restaurants that last for decades, sometimes even multiple generations! For an industry where the players come and go with the fads and fashions, it's pretty impressive when a business lasts so long (and proportionately sad when such a business closes)

I wonder if there's a list somewhere of the oldest bars and restaurants in Montreal, ranked by age? That'd be really cool to see! I wonder how old is the oldest one??