View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 19, 2016, 1:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
It's a shame that one of Philadelphia's leading developers and someone who owns so many prime development parcels in this city is seemingly incapable of understanding even the most basic tenants of urbanism.

The whole palazzo on roof idea is terrible. Beyond terrible really. It's god damn idiotic. Someone close to Blatstein needs to grab him by the collar and repeatedly smack him across the face until he wakes up and understands how moronic this idea is. It's for his own good.
Why is the roof top idea so bad? There are enough residences here alone to keep a restaurant or two a night in business. I would personally love to have a destination like this two stops down on the Broad Street line.

And as Londonee has pointed out, this will be the most urban thing around if it gets built. How can you knock it for lack of urbanism?

I totally agree in CC proper this would be terrible, but at Broad and Washington, this seems perfect.

These residences will fill in the current climate. I think we all know that. The south side of the Broad Street line is convenient and underutilized and this location is excellent for city dwellers wishing to keep a car or with a reverse commute.