View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 2:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr1138 View Post
I will concede that the toll road doesn't do much good with the Flatirons and Golden at-grade crossings... but that said, I also agree with Rail Claimore that this project will make them virtually inevitable at some point in the future. The only reason they aren't connecting to 470 through Golden is because the city has been fighting the project so hard for years and years. Dumping all that traffic onto their city streets seems almost fair game, making it Golden's problem alone after many years of them refusing to cooperate with their neighbors.
The area in question- from 9 o'clock to 11:30 on an analog dial- is filled with some of the richest 5-10 acre property owners in the State. Property owners in this quadrant- including ever gentrifying west and north Golden- tend not to be interested in property development, but, in what they correctly perceive as their possessing some of the least disturbed, high quality foothill land in the Metro Area.

Likewise, many in the city of Golden- believe it or not-are rather eclectic, and, educated concerning subjects like suburban sprawl aka the 'Broomfield Mess', the boring big box wasteland clear up past 168th on I-25 and, have studied Boulder's greenbelt philosophy very well.

At this point, there are too many middle level players- those that can easily put $1,000 or more in their favorite politician's pocket to be silenced.

Besides, should'nt we be using more public transit anyway? Or is that just another property development scheme centered in Lodo?

http://www.vtpi.org/gentraf.pdf