View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 9, 2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
sterlippo1, did you finally get back or are you still stranded here? I hope you were able to walk all over the city during your stay!
i got out monday to Manchester NH as Boston would have been tuesday. If i didnt have to get to work i would have loved even another day. Yes, i walked all over the northeast quandrant of the city, all very familiar places but enduring none the less. Our walks stretched from alamo sq to at@t park (best park i've ever been to)to aquatic park , the entire waterfront in between, walked up telegraph hill a couple times and found great stairways to the waterfront, etc, etc, etc. i think one of the days we walked about 8-9 miles, no easy chore in that area of the city. I am at the point in my life that everytime time i go away i am looking to go home at the 4th or 5th day yet everytime i go to SF i dont want to leave................ever. I absolutely loved getting up early and walking through Chinatown, the part the locals live in, NOT Grant Ave. I loved being amongst these amazing people and watching their work ethic in getting the area ready for the day's business. Loved Stockton St going thru Chinatown. oh, and did i mention North Beach?

thank you for asking, BTW