View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 24, 2017, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Pal View Post
Only having seen some of this series in the past couple years, I agree with you about that. I don't like those out of city episodes much.

Burke's Law is another series that went the European spy route in its last season, changing it's name to Amos Burke Secret Agent, and was promptly cancelled.

Speaking of both, I saw an episode of Burke's Law recently where Edd Byrnes played a movie star homes tour bus operator. In the late 1970's I saw a taping of a George Burns special at CBS Television City. Ann-Margret was a guest on the program and in between filming they introduced her husband, Roger Smith, saying he was now her manager. I recognized him from playing the lead in the 1965-66 television series of Mister Roberts. This year they'll have been married 50 years! Wow!

Decades (AP Photo)

On October 12, 1960, weeks before the election, Vice President Richard Nixon stopped
by the Warner Bros. studio to film some campaign spots. He popped in to the filming of
77 Sunset Strip, where he met with Byrnes, Zimbalist…and guest star Roger Moore (right).
Roger Moore seems to wearing his Beau Maverick outfit (also shooting on the lot at the time). Roscoe is wearing a sheet and Zimbalist looks like he's in a World War I uniform, possibly? Plus there's the unidentified smoking guy who looks like a Marseilles dockworker or an Apache dancer. I wonder if they just had everybody dress up to make it look more like a typical day at the studio. Like in movies where they always show the studio lot filled with gladiators, cowboys and indians, spacemen and somebody leading an elephant.