View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 15, 2011, 9:58 PM

@Sopas Ej - Thanks for looking. I don't mind June gloom. Especially now that I know it doesn't have to stop me from taking pictures.

@Blade Bltz - I really like Central Square and it is growing on me. It feels like the real deal.

@xzmattzx - A little ivy makes everything look nice. Too bad it is so bad for the building. The ivy wants to grow all over my house and I won't let it. But, secretly, I would like it.

@Shadowmaster - Always love your comments! Thanks!

@Coldayman - What would we do without you?

@Danny - It was a wonderful breakfast & pleasant morning. Thanks for looking!

@Nineties Flava - Like the others have said, this area really isn't a college town neighborhood. It is sort of like downtown for Cambridge. It has City Hall, major post office, offices, banks, insurance companies, etc. Plus, it was early on a Monday AM. So the only people out were on their way to work. Central Square is a major transfer point. A lot of the people you see are actually just transfering on bus or train. The shops were just beginning to open when I got there. And the restaurants were just getting set up for lunch as I left and the sun came out a bit. I missed the lunch & evening crowd altogether, which might have looked a bit different.

@Sterlippo - Thanks! I always appreciate your comments & insight.

@Pigboy - Not sure what the building in #47 is or was. It is sort of across the street from the newish green building shown on #48. Central Square is great. It has diverse street life & purpose. Not quaint & colonial. It reminds me of a Chicago neighborhood for some reason. A workhorse of a neighborhood, but colorful & lively. Central Square does all the work while her pretty sister, Harvard Square, gets all the attention.

@Coldrsx - The sidewalks are wide in Central Square. Perfect for outdoor cafes & other street furniture. And fortunately, the neighorhood is vibrant enough to keep the wide sidewalks busy & interesting.