View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 2, 2013, 6:27 PM

Thanks all.

Photolith, I couldn't believe how trashed the river was. I have a shot I didn't post of the banks that is literally all garbage. Very sad to see.

Maldive - that sounds like an incredible experience.

brickell - little bit of both. I got up around 4:30 to enter the grounds by 6:00. There were probably fifty people that did the same. Had to be very patient with some of the shots but with so few people it is possible. If anyone plans on visiting the Taj, get up for the sunrise, definitely worth it.

Xander - That first shot is from a platform that everyone kind of stops at when they first arrive. Since I was one of the first in, there no one had continued on to the Taj yet. There might have been one tourist but I was able to snap while he was behind a tree. One difficulty, no bags are allowed in the grounds so I only had had one lens. I opted for my 24-105 since I wanted the versatility. Would have loved to have had my 17mm or 70-200.

The rest of Agra is worth a look. The fort and baby Taj are nice and very few tourists venture out to see anything other than the Taj. The city itself was pretty junky and the touts are everywhere. I had to yell at my tuk-tuk driver to let me walk across that bridge which was worth the hassle, he wanted to take me to his friend's shop, restaurant, etc.

I think there is more to Lucknow than I saw, I only had a few hours in the afternoon to explore. I was feeling run down and in a bad mood, sometimes that just happens and it affects your experience of a place. I'd still keep it on the list if I were you, maybe do some more research if you plan on visiting it.