View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 9, 2009, 11:57 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
I could think in many many neighborhoods in cities like Tokyo, Sao Paolo, Shanghai, large cities. Also, these 10 completed/under cons supertalls are scattered across Dubai, miles away from each other. Only 4 of those are in the Marina, which isn't even that much units if you think about it (unless you count all the other residential skyscrapers within this neighborhood which brings the number of units wayy up).

Also, not all of the 10 supertalls are residential, I don't feel like looking at the diagram section but I imagine it's less than 5 (in some cases they're mixed use). Another thing is that not every unit is filled in the Marina (just the supertall blocks), unlike other cities like the ones I listed where every little available inch is used up.

Hmm... I wonder how many total units are built in the marina (including the u/c ones since they'll be finished soonish) and how many are already occupied.
I was talking only about the tallest block. Yes, 10 towers over 300m, count them. You have the torch, princess tower, ocean heights, 23 marina, elite residence, infinity tower, marina 101, pentominium and maybe marina 106 and damac heights as well. All residential as well.
I'd say the capacity of the marina and jumeirah lake towers combined is around 200,000 people maximum. Of course there aren't anywhere near that number of people since the towers aren't fully occupied and are not all complete either.