View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 11, 2018, 5:13 AM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Thanks. Keep up the healing and you can join me in the trenches! A year ago I couldn’t imagine standing up to doubters like I do now. I cried every day and lived in darkness. I had difficulty believing my own memory. I felt like a ghost. I’ve been very fortunate to have supportive family that has helped me get very intensive therapy. I recommend you try EMDR or A.R.T. Therapy. They both desensitize you to the trauma but A.R.T. goes a step further by replacing the negative and painful feelings with neutral and even positive ones.

Believe it or not I find this back and forth on here cathartic. There’s a feeling of regaining control since most of my life I’ve been passive and allowed others to overrule me. I feel hopeful that people can be educated and mentalities will change. Also there’s an element of anger at the society that failed me. I want to scream at the top of my lungs to anyone that will listen and in this climate people are listening.

Also I couldn’t just let someone come in here and attack such an articulate and compassionate ally as geotag. To say nothing of the fact that Spocket took a big shit on rape victims right after someone came forward with their own painful story of rape. Read the conversations before you post people!
I can't imagine being able to 'join you in the trenches' but I'd like to think I could. It's good to hear other people's stories and surprised how much in common we have. I too question my memory only because I've run it through my head so many times it doesn't feel real any more.

I too have supportive friends/family. I'm enrolled in 2 programs I attend each week + in the last 8 months of a 2 year fitness study which I've incorporated into my recovery. The fitness regiment has proven to be very beneficial. Some people do yoga, I do the gym.

My 3rd program came to an end but I'm on a waiting list for another more intensive therapy program. I will ask them about EMDR and A.R.T. Is the second one 'art therapy'?