View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 25, 2012, 2:13 AM

Re: 311 Bowie

From the old thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
Is that from the developers website? I really want this project to happen, so I hope your right that the city does support it. If thats the case then that should be a new rendering of the building.
There was an article in the Austin Business Journal -

Downtown to bloom (again)
Four big projects slated for ‘Market District’
Premium content from Austin Business Journal by Vicky Garza, Staff Writer
Friday, April 13, 2012

You could only read the first paragraph at the ABJ, but I found the entire article reprinted on J B Goodwin Realtor's website.

Quote:
311 Bowie

The tallest project planned for the area will be south of the new Whole Foods offices, on about one acre, between the Tiniest Bar in Texas and Gables West Avenue.

Endeavor Real Estate Group and Lynd Co. are planning a 35-story building with 42,586 square feet of office space, 3,385 square feet of retail and 359 apartments. Developers had faced some challenges in 2011 because of the Heritage Tree Ordinance, but the site plan recently filed with the city states that they had received a variance to remove one tree that is dying and a permit to move another elsewhere on the property.

The project is still undergoing the city’s site plan review process.
So I guess while it's not officially approved yet, it isn't dead, either.

wwmiv - the rendering of the retail project you asked about is located at 405 N.Lamar and is also mentioned in the above story.