View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 1:03 AM
Engineer

In my excitement for the 400 S Main site, I seem to have missed a very important section in the rfp that could seriously undermine my proposal for 400 S Main

Priority for Consideration (in no particular order):
Amazon will consider the following site/building categories for the Project:
1. Existing buildings of at least 500,000+ sq. ft., meeting the core requirements described above and that are expandable or have additional options for development nearby.

2. A greenfield site of approximately 100 acres certified or pad ready, with utility infrastructure in place. The sites do not have to be contiguous, but should be in proximity to each other to foster a sense of place and be pedestrian-friendly.

3. Other infill, existing buildings, including opportunities for renovation/redevelopment and greenfield sites, meeting the proximity and logistics requirements of the Project. This can also be a combination of the above.

4. Please also consider the overall proximity of the buildings at full build-out as you are making recommendations.

The moment I saw 100 acres I became concerned. I certainly don't think the site is disqualified because of this, but I am afraid Amazon people might raise their eyebrows at "Total acreage: 18 acres."

Also, does Salt Lake even have office buildings with over 500,000 square feet?