View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202_Cyclist View Post
I try to do the same, but as my girlfriend said, many of the people walk on the platform like they are strolling through a field of daisies. Similarly, the briefcases or bags with the wheels on them have got to go. They are not at all compatible with efficient movement on the platforms. Unless you're traveling over a hundred miles, leave these things at home.
Of all the stations I've used on Metro, Gallery Place is by far my least favorite. The terrible T-shaped design leads to inefficient movements of passengers since anyone transferring from the red to yellow/green must fight through the mass of people transferring from the yellow/green to red. Instead of having half from one end and half from the other end taking their own escalators up/down or meeting in the middle to take the escalators up/down (as would be the case in a X or cross shaped station), you instead have a mass of humanity, all moving at different paces along narrow platforms, in opposing directions. The afternoon rush at Gallery Place drives me crazy.

Last edited by OhioGuy; Apr 13, 2012 at 4:53 PM.