View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 5:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eixample View Post
The rail tunnel really seems like it could be a great site for light rail or BRT, although I doubt it will happen anytime soon. The linear subterranean park idea is crazy!

Its hard to miss the issues at pretty much any park, except the center city ones. Whether it is insufficient trash pick up, not frequent enough mowing, cracked asphalt, deferred maintenance on structures or bigger projects like park redesigns, improved landscaping, lighting, etc. Rec centers are also a major issue with many in abject condition. Then there is also the issue of almost non-existent law enforcement patrols in the parks which is either a PD issue or a parks and rec issue, I'm not sure. I don't have the stats on me but the city devotes a pitiful amount to parks and recreation per capita.
That answers my question. I don't think there needs to be a park here or that it is particularly easy to create a good one here or that this is the best use of this space. But any park that was at this location would be maintained in the same manner as Center City parks. Meaning it would be well-maintained.