View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 15, 2014, 6:16 AM
Registered San Diegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello View Post
Does anyone know the status of the empty lot on Park Blvd. just south of Sprouts next to a church? I find it hard to believe the Segal project on Robinson got going before this one. There was a rendering up for a 5 floor building (retail on bottom) but that isn't on the fence anymore. Thanks.
I searched the city's development website and found the permit history for the lot. There was a 36-unit project approved back in 2009, but the permit expired a few years later. As of now, the lot is owned or leased by the city, and will be home to a temporary fire station while a permanent one is being built at the old location (I'm assuming this is the Hillcrest Fire station remodel).

So for now, it's going to be a public facility, and thereafter no idea. The old mid-rise project is dead.

I searched to see what was going on at the recently cleared site at Normal Street and Harvey Milk, but apparently there is only a demo permit issues for the location.

Interesting tid-bit: where Jonathan Segal's Mr. Robinson project is going up at Park and Robinson, an older project called "The Memphis" (23-units) was set to be built before the recession tanked it. It would have been a complementary piece to "The Cairo" and "The Egyptian." I hope Segal's project has more units.