View Single Post
Old Posted May 15, 2007, 10:33 PM

Nice pics, UCSB! I especially like the 2 black and white photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushman61988 View Post
Great idea! i submitted this comment to port of san diego today... ur right maybe if we all chip in and comment, something can happen...u never know..

This was my comment to them:
"I think the tower design is great! The sail roof top is unique and really will look world-class, lit up at night. Definitely a signature tower on our waterfront, and it will definitely stand out on our skyline.
But my main complaint against this project is they're twin towers.. Our skyline already has numerous twin towers (about 5 from my count), including directly east of the Lane Field project, the Grande towers. I think the it makes the skyline look really boring to have all these twin towers, especially from such a prominent location, right on our waterfront. And doesn't the 2006 Downtown Specific Plan Update outline that there should be no new towers that look too similar alike?
Finally, I think the base is a bit boring, but it's OKAY, just a nice kind of bland.
All in all, a really great hotel project for the waterfront and the city."
Great comment. I'm going to follow up with a similar suggestion regarding the awful base and twin-tower issue. It's great that the city is encouraging comments from the public.

While we're at it, we should all submit suggestions regarding the NBC proposal, as well.