View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 2, 2007, 10:18 PM

Wow, haven't posted here in a long time. For a quick update summary of the several months I haven't posted, a lot of the projects detailed in this thread are complete, nearing completion, and beginning construction. The area surrounding downtown is like a ring of churned up dirt and the sounds of construction. Most projects have done very, very well with pre-leasing and more announcements continue to come up.

The biggest deal, in my opinion, is developer Greg Banta's acquisition of 30 historic properties along 10th street in Midtown. He has begun renovating almost all of them- placing banners dubbing the development the "Midtown Renaissance" throughout the district- I think we'll see well over 1 million sf of office, retail, and residential space along NW 10th leased by the end of this year as a result of his efforts. Midtown is starting to look beautiful and all kinds of local retail tenants are announcing moves and new locations in Banta's retail properties.

As the downtown market continues to heat up, rumors are starting to fly in real estate circles. The biggest rumor is the 40-story office tower rumor that originated when local FSB architecture showed renderings of the building at presentations. A few more curious ears have been grabbed by the following pictures:

Light rail?

A glassy highrise in the Triangle?

This model is in the gallery of TAParchitecture, developers in charge of several major downtown projects including the Triangle.

-------------------------------

68,000 people turned up downtown for the Opening Night 2007 celebration:

More photos of the event are here: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=122834

Last edited by shane453; Jan 2, 2007 at 11:07 PM.