View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 1, 2007, 3:00 AM
LuxuryRealtyGroup.com

Cool Maxim and Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcclenon View Post
I'm in a corner unit (08 stack) pointing at the strip. I think Sky got under the wire and received a generous waiver on setback. The 08 corner units sit only 60 feet from the strip. Great for the view but we'll see how bad the steet noise is. Probably won't be leaving the sliding glass doors open....

I noticed that the Maxim also asked for a setback variance. 120 feet or so if I remember right. Yeah, three 700ish foot towers on that small lot next door. It's a good thing all of Sky's balconies stick out so at least the units on that side will still have some kind of view.

Yeah, no problem on the pictures. From what I can tell from LVTI's renderings, Fontainebleau looks like it is going to have a 5th floor 'lake', fountains and a waterfall down to steet level. That'll be nuts. I'll be taking pictures for sure. I'll try to figure out how to post pictures. I'm sure it's not that hard. Just get an account at photobucket or something?
Happy New Year to all!! My prediction for the Maxim property is it is waiting for MGM to decide the future of Circus Circus, then MGM could potentially acquire the Travelodge land adjacent to the Maxim property, buy the Maxim property and now you have a sweet parcel of land. This happened with Echelon buying the Westward Ho land and given the odd shape of the Maxim property it's one possible scenario.

Sky is looking great and thanks mdiederi for the great photos of Sky and the landscaping. Most high rises wait until the project is closed to add the exterior infrastrucuture and Sky is not doing that. It's going to be one first class tower!!