View Single Post
Old Posted May 3, 2012, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchTheSky13 View Post
I'm really glad to see this beautiful tower rise from the ashes of ground zero. But I still can't get over the fact that it will not unquestionably be the tallest building in the country. What I think they should do is top the building off with a pyramid or funnel shaped steel and glass structure that would support the spire and bring the roof height to 1492 ft. The spire would remain in its current location and top off at 1776ft. This may cause 1 WTC to look like an obelisk or a giant glass and steel Washington Monument, but I don't think that would be such a bad thing. Obelisks have been symbols of power and might dating all the way back to the time of the Egyptians. If you don't know what I mean, the structure that I am proposing would look a lot like the roof of 3 WFC. There is no excuse for this building not to be the tallest in the country, absolutely no excuse. But anyway, I digress. What do you all think?

No I don't think there should be any pyramids on the new building that replaces the old twins, I really don't like them, and as far as height goes, the originals (twins) were not the tallest in the country, when they existed, and the main thing of importance here is not that it is the tallest in the country, but rather, it is equal to the twins, with equal significance, that the twins possesed. As far as that goes, I am satisfied, with the results.