View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 18, 2008, 4:52 AM
Big City Enthusiast

Why don't they do Expo Line from King George down Fraser into Langley (and Abbortsford eventually) and have a LRT go from Guildford to King George or Surrey Central then on to Central Richmond (providing a MUCH NEEDED connection of the two neighbouring suburbs. There could be a split at Surrey Central for the LRT where one goes to Richmond and the other to the south and perhaps eventually White Rock.

Perhaps even another idea that makes sense would be to redesign Surrey Central to do a split, one way to Guildford and then along Fraser to Langley and eventually Abbortsord, the other way to King George then on to the south eventually to White Rock. This makes the most sense given the increased capacity plan for the Expo trains (120m platforms). Does not make any sense whatsoever to have such long trains make a curve up from King George to Guildford only to go down again. Just do a split at Surrey Central.

If I had my choice, I would pick the former choice though. Richmond and Surrey need to be connected. And it would be cheaper, but still giving a much needed SkyTrain extension into the suburbs while LRT being the 'crosstown' for Surrey and Richmond with Central in both cities as each's hub. Expo SkyTrain should go from King Goerge to the SE suburbs. It could also split at King George to the South.