View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 9:43 PM
is watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
^ that’s insane. Down in PV a few years ago we got to see one up close. The scale is impressive.

I never saw the appeal of cruises but I know a number of people whove gone on one, my assistant did an Alaskan cruise last year and loved it. Our retired next door neighbours like to do those European river cruises you see advertized on tv, they really enjoy them
I don't really see the appeal of cruises either - although have never gone. We have friends & family that go regularly (Caribbean/Alaska). They have been trying to convince us to join them at least once for the experience. They liken them to a big AI resort at sea - but you get to stop at several different places during your stay. The last cruise our friends went on was on the largest ship in the world - The Oasis of the Seas - the pictures they had almost made us book!

Our neighbours actually bought a 'barge' cruiser in France - that's where they spend their summers. I have heard the European river cruises are nice. Again - not for me I think.