Old Posted Mar 28, 2007, 3:13 AM
Majestic

The Economic Importance of Public Transit
Measuring and Valuing Transit Benefits and Disbenefits
Rapid Transit: A Transformative Tool
The Estimated Value Of New Investment Adjacent To DART LRT Stations: 1999-2005
DART Rail spurs economic vitality; creative developments
The Benefits of Public Transportation: Essential Support for a Strong Economy
Light Rail in Milwaukee: An Analysis of the Potential Impact on Economic Development
Public Transportation Means Business
Rail Transit In America: A Comprehensive Evaluation of Benefits

Should I post more, or is that enough reading for you guys to catch up on the subject?

Newayz, the fact that LRT drives development is quite accepted. Busses or BRT are great for getting people out of their cars, but offer nothing in the way of potential for development. Being located within distance of a Bus Station isn't going to increase your property value and it isn't going to bring business to areas around station, whether they are in downtown or elsewhere. Only rail transit does this. Business people are also more likely to take LRT than they are options. How anyone can live in Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Edmonton, etc... and not see the value of transit to the economy and say that it wouldn't be worth anything is beyond me. Are you guys blind?

LOWER TAXES! LOWER TAXES! LOWER TAXES! GRAAAAARRRR!

Flickr

Last edited by Boris2k7; Mar 28, 2007 at 3:28 AM.